Saturday, May 8, 2010

10 Years...and Counting

Yesterday marked the 10 year anniversary from the day I graduated from college. I can't even believe I'm old enough to say that, because the crazy girl I was at N.A.U. is still in there somewhere, hidden beneath the baby food stains and dry hands from changing so many diapers. Some things have remained the same...I still occasionally like mac-n-cheese for dinner, still work for less than minimum wage, still love to dance to 90's boy-bands (though do it best in my own home), and still love to have fun (though it usually takes about 10 times longer to actually do the fun activity since you have to work around naps, pack a diaper bag, etc.)

There is obviously a ton that has changed too. My 300 square foot dorm room has been replaced with a 1800 square foot home. My roommate has changed from Nicole to Mark.
Instead of being called "PK" (which is a nickname I'm thankful has died), I'm now called "Honey" or "Mommy". Here are just a few more changes 10 years can bring:

*Obtained 1 graduate degree

*Married 1 fabulous man

*Moved 8 times to 4 different states and 1 foreign country

*Participated in 6 different churches, 7 different ministries/non-profs

*Had 5 different jobs in 3 separate professions (social work, education, homemaking)

*Lived in 7 apartments/houses with 11 different roommates (Mark is still my favorite...less drama and he is neat for my sake!)

*Had 2 children, 1 naturally (which was absurd), 1 with epidural (which was heaven)

*Purchased 2 cars (counting "The Beast" in Africa)

*Purchased and lived 1 home we call "Ours"

When I was in college, I was having the time of my life. And 10 years later, I am abundantly grateful that I can still say the same thing.


Future Northern Arizona University Lumberjack
Class of 2029?




Class of 2031

1 comment:

Jenn - aka honey or mom said...

very cute:)...the pix of the kids, I mean.