Thursday, February 3, 2011

-20 Degrees and Dreaming

So what does one do when it is -20 degrees outside?

You start dreaming...



About going to some place like this...


And staying in one of these...

And you listen to happy music (hence a little Weezer on the Play List), and thank the Lord you have heat, electricity and warm blankets. And you thank the school district for canceling school for two days and allowing your husband to be home to help you. And you remind yourself that you did know what you were getting yourself into when you moved to a notoriously cold place like Denver. And lastly, you repeat to yourself over and over again that no matter how bad it gets, summer is just a few months away.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

-20? I can't even imagine! I thought 20 was cold. Wish we could throw some of our 40 degrees your way but I'm thinking that island would be a much better choice. Enjoy your extra family time! Oh and loved the post about you at 32. Hilarious.

Rachel said...

Were you exaggerating with the -20 degrees? I mean, it's just Colorado - not the arctic.

Mitchell Family said...

I wish this was an exaggeration...but yesterday the low was -17 and that did not include windchill. Apparently God is, in fact, preparing us for survival in the arctic.

Unknown said...

Julie! That is insane!! You just officially convinced me I could never live in Denver! I'll pray God calls you back to Cali :)