Friday, July 1, 2011

Our Ladybug Turns 2!

I don't know how our baby girl just turned 2! She is such a little firecracker, so full of energy and life. She loves to sing, play with her brother, dress up in costumes, read stories, and play with her dollies. She is also a bit "spirited" (a.k.a. stongwilled, determined, headstrong, stubborn), but we know she will be quite the leader when these qualities are directed positively. She truly is a joy and makes us smile and laugh every day.

We decided to have a little ladybug party to celebrate Brooklyn's big day. We had 6 of her good friends over for lunch and pool time. She had such a great time and loved her cake and presents.


Her special cake

(That took me 3 attempts to make. Don't ask. And Rachel, I totally stole this idea from you. It was so adorable, I couldn't resist!)



Our unpaid party mascot


Friends Jenny and Meagan


Enjoying pizza for lunch


How many kids can you cram into a baby pool?



Soaking up the sun


The token man of the party


"Yummy"


She loved her cute sundresses


And her laptop from Mommy and Daddy


It's great to be 2!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You may have "stolen" the idea, but your cake is definitely cuter. ;) I can't believe Brooklyn's already 2. I guess I just didn't realize that 2 years have gone by that quickly! She's such a cutie - and such a little blondie.

Unknown said...

Happy very belated birthday to Brooklyn! I don't know how I missed this post! You are so much more creative than you give yourself credit for!