After some self-reflection, I realized that I tend to be a "glass half empty" kind of person. And in this book I'm reading ("Lies Women Believe" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss), the author says that a big lie that women often believe is that "I can't help the way I am". So, in an effort to change this ugly habit of mine, I'm going to try start posting each week some things that I can take joy in. And maybe if you're having a bad week...you can find some joy in unexpected places too.
Top Ten Joys of the Week
(in no particular order)
10. Getting to call my overpriced medical insurance agency and tell them to cancel me after doing some research and finding a MUCH cheaper policy elsewhere. Ha!
9. Actually getting out of the house every day this week with my little munchkins...making it to 4 parks, 2 stores, 1 library, and 1 school (to visit Mark at lunch).
8. Getting to sleep through the night 2 times...thanks to my favorite daughter!!!
7. Getting 2 fun surprise packages from family members with presents for the kids
6. Finding out that my dad is living out a dream...his country band was picked to open for Brooks and Dunn. Okay, this isn't actually a joy for me (since now he can't come visit us), but watching someone else experience joy is pretty contagious!
5. Finding out that a brother-in-Christ whom I've never met, but have been praying for, was miraculously healed from cancer! Praise the Lord!
4. Actually running 4 miles without dying of exhaustion
3. Receiving a surprise visit from my dear friend Nicole, bearing the gift of a Starbucks grande-caramel-light-frap-no-whip...my favorite
2. Having my husband home before 5 p.m. nearly every night this week!
1. Being able to get out for 1 hour each day for "Julie Time", a wonderful present given to me by my dear hubbie. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
And now I need to go experience the joy of cleaning the bathroom, making the bed, and picking up clutter while my little ones are sleeping. Until next week, my friends!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment