So this post is a bit of a spoof on myself, since I like to do these periodic updates for my children...but I actually do want to document this crazy period in my life because as much as it often feels like it will last forever, it won't. Before I know it, I'll be a grandma sporting polyester jogging suits, playing Bingo, and complaining about how wholesome the world used to be (which is actually quite a scary thought).
Current occupation: Short-order cook, laundress, janitor, reader of stories, nurse, teacher, singer of nursery songs (out of tune, of course), chauffeur, Sunday School teacher of 3-4 year-olds (which is a lot like herding cats), housekeeper, grocery shopper, money manager, tax preparer, and housekeeper...in other words, your typical wife and mother. I wouldn't trade it for anything (most days, anyway).
What I love: Mark, my precious kids, my best friends who are near and far, my church, being warm, seeing the ocean, going on dates with my husband, being showered in hugs and kisses from my kids, volunteering, both the Mitchell and Kunold sides of our crazy extended family, snuggling under blankets with my family and watching a movie, going to bible study, eating carbs, having some much needed "Girl Time" whenever I get it, having playdates (mostly for more "Girl Time"), watching cheesy reality T.V. shows while working out on my elliptical (which the good and bad of it kind of cancels each other out, right?), reading, hearing Ethan pray, watching my children play and laugh together, taking baths, and seeing the Rocky Mountains in the distance every time I leave my house.
What I don't love so much: Being cold, shopping, trying on pre-children jeans, bills (particularly the heating bill), going to Walmart on a Saturday (or really any day, to be honest), when my house is dirty, the Broncos, cooking for more than 15 minutes, doing laundry over and over and over again, pretty much when anyone in our home throws a fit (including myself), and people who feel the need to pretend to have it all together (like you can really raise perfectly behaved children, cook gourmet meals every night, always be God-centered while never losing your temper and still look like a super model after bearing a child...right).
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Like it It's a great job/life! I'm so with you on the not being cold part (amongst others), but then again, I don't like being hot either...picky, picky.
Seriously love it! Had to share some of your funny comments with Stephen. I should come to your blog more frequently! Miss you!!
Post a Comment