Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Countdown is ON!

I don't know how I became 34 weeks pregnant already, but nesting is in full force around here. I almost have to laugh at myself when I really step back and see how completely insane I get during the last trimester. Most of the time, I can sort of suppress my natural OCD tendencies because my children inadvertently force me to. In pregnancy, however, it is another story. It is like my brain barks orders at me all day long and my poor body follows blindly along, working itself to near exhaustion.

My eyes see every speck of dirt that must be cleaned...NOW! Window tracks need to be cleaned, blinds should be dusted, all of our baby stuff needs to be wiped down with disinfectant, baby clothes need to be washed, hung, organized perfectly by size...TODAY! Nothing is good enough. Problem areas in our house that have been virtually untouched since we moved in now need to be mended, repainted, replaced or reorganized. On Tuesday I spent an hour on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floor because if I didn't...well, life would have just ended. On Wednesday I nearly broke my hand in an unfortunate window sill cleaning incident. Be thankful you are not coming to visit me anytime soon or you would be handed a rag, mop, paint brush and vacuum and politely encouraged to get to work.

In the midst of cleaning craziness, we've been busy setting up Mark's classroom, prepping for our church plant (which launches in just 3 weeks!), attempting to throw together a birthday party for Ethan, working at Back to School Bash (an awesome event where our church gave away school supplies for over 500 kids!), and now gearing up for our huge golf tournament fundraiser for the Federal Heights Community Center that is being held on Saturday. To say that we've been busy is the understatement of the century.

So I feel bad for my poor little third-born son...who may look back at his baby book (if he actually gets one) and wonder where all of those pictures are of his mommy carrying him in her tummy. He'll see that there were several pictures when I was pregnant with Ethan, a decent amount with Brooklyn, and maybe one of him? And I will try to assure him that it was nothing personal and that he is just as loved as the others. But still, I should start saving up for therapy bills now.

I do hope to post at least one in the next day or so. Of course, that would require me seeing my husband for more than 15 minutes a day...and that hasn't happened in a while. Like I said, life around here is nuts. Maybe it will calm down in 18 years?


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm convinced the reason I went into labor the day I did with Sophie is because I just had to clean our wood floors one more time and that of course required moving our couches, table and chairs around the room to get every inch perfectly clean. Nesting is a good thing - you won't have as much time to do all that cleaning, repairing, etc after he's born. I'm glad you guys have enjoyed such a wonderful summer and it sounds like you definitely don't have moments of boredom these days. Good luck the next couple weeks.

Jenn - aka honey or mom said...

Did you post earlier that you're having a boy? I can't remember, but congratualtions. Maybe I did know and I jsut forgot - sorry. My mommy brain doesn't really well either:)