So...for Valentine's Day, I admittedly went a little nuts trying to be "Her". First, I decided to throw a party for a bunch of little ones under the age of 6. It was just a random thought one afternoon and I immediately sent out an E-vite before I could second-guess myself. Within a minute, I was committed and I was determined to carry it out to the fullest. (Mark was actually shocked when I told him what I was doing...clearly it is not my natural inclination) So this meant many trips to Target, the Dollar Store, and Michael's and staying up until 3 a.m. to complete all of the finishing touches. Yes, my OCD tendencies butted their ugly head in full force. In the end, I was proud of my attempt of being "That Mom" for a day. I document this event simply as proof to my kids that every once in a while, their mom did try to make the holidays special for them. However, it is way too expensive, time-consuming and exhausting to keep it up. So...I'm going to let my inner-"That Mom" rest for the next several months, until I have to bring her out again for a summer full of birthday parties. (And for the record, I barely had time to shower before the party, so no nice hair and make-up for me. And working out? Does hanging balloons and vacuuming count?) Anyways, here is what "That Mom" does....

She decorates the house...

Makes her own table decor...


Bakes some homemade cookies (at 2 a.m.)
Makes personalized treat bags...
Plans "Pin the Heart on the Care Bear" game

Of course, plans a "Love Bug" craft

Has treats ready for the kids in the morning...

And then invites the whole crew over
for snacks and heart-shaped pizzas

Cookie decorating...

And major sugar consumption.

It was an absolutely exhausting endeavor,
but it is worth it to see smiles...

And make memories..

And shares the love with
some pretty special friends!
On our "Special Date"...
nothing says love like chicken nuggets!
Afterwards, we went to dessert at our friends' house and came home dead tired and ready for bed!
Happy Valentine's Day!!!





3 comments:
Julie, I love this post and the party was adorable! I love the pin the heart on the carebear and the dates with your kids. I think you definitely achieved the "That Mom" title for the day, if not most days. :)
Looks like it was such a cute party Julie - you are very brave!! You definitely win the "that mom" award of the month (maybe the year) :) Awesome job!
You go, girl! I was thinking about you and was glad that you have updated about your sweet family. Great job on the party. Our kids are so forgiving of our short-comings but these special memories are ingrained in their hearts forever.
I miss that Ryan can't dress in his Spider Man costume with Ethan. They'd have such a kick together. Miss you all!
Post a Comment