April 4th was my Mommy and Daddy's 6th wedding anniversary. Mommy told me that every year, they take a fun trip as a couple to celebrate. They've had many amazing anniversary adventures, such as a beachfront room at Livingstonia Beach in Malawi to a little inn in Palm Springs, to romantic cabins in Oak Creek Canyon, to a condo in Maui! This year, their "trip" consisted of taking me to my swimming lesson, a three hour nap, a quick stop at Target, and a less-than-romantic dinner in the "family section" at The Olive Garden. My how things changed when I entered the picture! And with Baby Sister on the way...it may be a while before Mom and Dad get away again.
However, Mommy says that it is not the trip that is important, but rather that Mommy still loves Daddy just as much now as she did on the day of their wedding. Daddy has sacrificed so much to make all of Mommy's dreams come true. She has me and soon she'll have my Baby Sister, she gets to stay at home with me, she has a beautiful home, and she has a caring, loving and hardworking husband. There is nothing else she could want!
So even though I was a third wheel on their date, we all still had a great time. I got to play with crayons and even see how they tasted! And we all got to cuddle on the couch and watch "Bolt" (in which I continually "woofed" at the T.V. for an hour). All in all, it was a great day. However, maybe next year I'll encourage Mom and Dad to plan ahead and get a baby-sitter. Afterall, parents need alone time, too!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Happy Anniversary you guys! We used to go on mine getaways for our Anniversary too! I'm glad you had a fun night :) I think it is time to chat again soon!
Happy anniversary! We keep track of what we do for each anniversary and it's funny how much things have changes now that kids are in the picture. Last year we went to the zoo and ate hot dogs :)
Is that what Jason and I have to look forward to now that we have a little one? I love the picture of Ethan ("I'm ready for OUR date.") Funny how things have changed.
Post a Comment