Yesterday was quite eventful in the Mitchell household. It started out innocently enough. I woke up like usual and Mommy came in to get me right away. I was in a cuddle mood and wanted Mommy to carry me down the stairs. Well, Mommy's tummy has grown quite big these days and consequently, her visibility has virtually disappeared. So as we descended stairs, she completely missed one and the next thing you know, we were falling down the staircase in record speed.
Fortunately, Mommy slipped backwards and basically slid on her tailbone. She held onto me the best she could, but then her reflexes got the best of her. I flew out of her hands and fell down the last four steps headfirst before landing on the hardwood floor. I started SCREAMING! Mommy held me for quite sometime trying to console me before she realized that my face was covered in blood. That nearly gave Mommy a heart attack! Fortunately, I just busted my nose but had no loss of consciousness or vomiting (which are signs of a concussion). The pediatrician said that most likely I didn't actually break my nose, but even if I did, they wouldn't do anything about it. Mommy, however, had to go into Labor and Delivery to make sure Baby Sister was okay. Thankfully, Baby Sister's heartbeat was very strong and since there were no other signs of complications, they released Mom after just an hour.
All in all, we are doing just fine. We probably won't be blogging for a few days, since my nose still really hurts and Mommy's entire body is a bit sore (not to mention the large bruise on her tailbone and nasty rug burn). However, we are just so very thankful for God's protection and mercy on what could have been a very serious and grave situation.
Love to you all,
Ethan
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
OH my gosh Julie! I am so glad you are okay and Ethan too! Thank God he protected you all!
Oh my goodness. I'm so glad you, baby, and little Ethan are ok. I have come very close to falling down the stairs while carrying one of the kids. So scary.
Oh you poor thing! Glad to hear everything turned out okay, those moments are so scary!
How scary!!!
Post a Comment