Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our Labor Story

Praise the Lord for our newest little miracle!

As many of you know, we had two big prayer requests going into this delivery (aside from the obvious one of health and safety of our daughter). We prayed for: 1) A successful epidural for Julie and 2) That the Lord would let us go into labor naturally, without the use of Pitocin. The Lord was SO good to us and granted us both requests! We came to the hospital for our induction at about 9 a.m. We were able to have lengthy conversations with the both the doctor and the anesthesiologist about our desired plan of care. Both were incredibly knowledgeable, accommodating and made us both feel perfectly at ease. The doctor broke Julie’s water at noon, she started having moderate contractions and dilated to 4 cm by 3 p.m., got a fantastic epidural that successfully removed all further pain for the rest of the night, at 10:45 we were ready to push and she was out just after 11:00 p.m. Everyone is healthy, happy and there were no additional complications. It was truly a wonderful day…so good, in fact, we may just have to do it again! Thanks to all of you who prayed for us. God blessed us beyond measure!


Leaving for the induction


Brooklyn is here!


Such a big girl!


Mommy's princess


Brooklyn and Grandma Gail


Brooklyn and Grandpa Ed


Doing what babies do best!

5 comments:

Stephen and Jessica said...

This is Stephen. We are so excited and happy that everything went so well! Wow, went in at 9am and had her by 11am! Just kidding, I just noticed the baby announcement has a little typo. We love you guys, all four of you! Are you going to change the name of your blog?

Jenn said...

Congratulations! I love the name! I'm so glad all went well for you guys.

Unknown said...

YAY!! Congrats!!!!! I am so happy for you guys and I love her name!!

Jenn - aka honey or mom said...

Congratulations!! A 9lb'r - way to go Mama!! It is addicting, isn't it. Enjoy your little ones.

The Phillips Family said...

Yeah she's here! I'm so glad things went well! I can't believe you had a 9lber! She's already bigger than Tobyn! (He's a little jealous, but he says's he's going to catch up soon!)