Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Our Mover and Shaker

Due to a computer malfunction, we've been completely off-line for the past week and I've totally missed our Brooklyn's 6 month update. She is now just days away from 7 months...so this post will be an update on both. Here is a peek at what she's up to these day.

Brooklyn's Favorite Activities: Eating solids, taking baths, playing with her brother, bouncing in her Johnny Jump-up, and playing with toys.

Brooklyn's Least Favorite Activities: Sleeping (though she did manage to sleep through the night two nights in a row...which was AMAZING!), sitting in her car seat and smacking her face on the hardwood floors when she slips while crawling.

Mom's Least Favorite Activities: Her new-found mobility. So at 5 months, she was sitting by herself, rolling, but still fairly immobile. Then at 5.5 months, she started scooting around the house. She was slow at first and I thought it might take her awhile to get coordinated. No such luck! By 6 months she was crawling with great speed...so the baby gates started to get locked. By 6.5 months she started pulling herself up into a standing position and letting go! Then, while in the standing position, she started transferring herself between furniture. The crib is already being lowered because she looks like she wants to hop out! Not to compare, but Ethan didn't start doing some of these things until he was 9 months! If she is walking by next month, I'll don't know what I'll do. I've never seen a baby so motivated.

If anyone has any advice to keep a child from walking for as long as possible, please let me know!


Sitting seemed innocent enough...


But then crawling looked like too much fun...


Standing, however, had some necessary danger for our adrenaline junkie. And of course she had to take it one step further by letting go and transferring between furniture. (I was too busy freaking out to take a picture!)


Oh what the heck, let's just climb some stairs to really try to kill ourselves!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Julie, you're so funny! I can't believe Brooklyn's already doing that much. Soph didn't start crawling until 9 months and she didn't start walking between furniture until almost a year. And, she's almost 14 months and still not walking - although she's getting darn close.

Jenn said...

What a dare devil! You might want to try binding her feet with tape to keep her from walking. :) Is she going to be doing math problems by her first b-day? She really is quite a cutie!

Unknown said...

I have heard that kids born second or beyond in a family tend to do things quicker! Hailey was fully walking by 10 months though so maybe some kids just want to do it sooner. The good news is once she's walking your arms won't be as tired!

steveandcaryn said...

She's adorable! And I don't have any advice, because Sydney quickly moved from crawling to pulling up to walking to RUNNING! I swear she's faster than her brother sometimes! She didn't officially start walking until she was 1 though, so maybe you have some time! :) Good luck!

Jenn - aka honey or mom said...

Very funny! Livvy was more like that than my other two. It definitely changes the course of the day...but no, I don't think there's a way to stop it.