Merry Christmas! This year we had a quiet, low-key Christmas at home. Due to very tight finances, we didn't fly anywhere and kept the presents to a minimum. I'll admit, I sometimes get jealous when I hear our families all together, thousands of miles away from us. However, I have to keep everything in perspective and we do have so much to be thankful for. We started the day with reading the Christmas story, a prayer time, and then opened gifts. Afterward, we had a nice breakfast and spent most of the day resting and relaxing. What brought the most joy this year was just watching our two children have so much fun playing together. Ethan kept saying, "Come on, Sister! Let's go play with your kitchen, Sister! I love you, Sister!" and Brooklyn would go along with it. It was really special and one of those days you wish you could just bottle up and keep forever.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I kinda like the stay-at-home-quiet-Christmas idea. We live too close to family to make that happen. I love getting together with the family too but...
I agree with your friend Jenn above!
Post a Comment