Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Festivities

This Christmas we tried to do a few new things, in addition to our usual traditions. First, we headed down to Cherry Creek to see the "Ice Palace" (which was an exhibit promoting the newest Chronicles of Narnia movie). It ended up being a bit cheesy, but the kids had fun and they enjoyed the fake snow (since it hasn't really snowed yet in Denver).

Then the Wednesday before Christmas, our church had it's annual Christmas By the Fireside. All the kids (and a few brave adults) wore their pajamas to church and our pastor had all the kids come up and listen as he read the Christmas story. Some of our church's talented singers sang Christmas carols throughout the story. It was very well done and a special time for our family. Ethan can't stop talking about how fun it was to wear his sleeper to church.



Inside the crazy Ice Palace


Odd picture, I know. But I liked it because it reminded me of an Andy Warhol painting


Same for this one


Ethan loving the fake snow


Kisses?


My kids were being unusually photogenic...


So despite the mall as our backdrop, we went for it!


I guess Brooks had had enough by this point!


The kids all warm and toasty at church

(I know, I'm a party pooper.

No public display of pajamas for me!)


Keeping warm by the "fire" : )


No comments: