Monday, October 3, 2011

Up to Mischeif

I find it so amusing when I read articles on these pregnancy websites that talk about relaxing and taking it easy during the last few weeks of pregnancy. HA! Apparently the writers are referring to first-time moms...or people with live-in nannies. My children, however, constantly feel the need to keep me on my toes...39 weeks pregnant or not!

So here is what you get when you mix 1 stark white dress, 1 very mischievous two year-old, and one poor, unattended tube of red lipstick.


Who Me?
(Is that a glimmer of remorse I see?)


Nope!


Sharing the love...

And here is what you get when you mix 1 tired mother who decided to sit on the sidelines and just watch her children at the park rather than meticulously monitor their every move, 1 set of unsuspecting monkey bars, and 1 fearless 4 year-old who believes he is Superman...


Yes, that is 2 broken bones in his arm. Lesson learned: When your child falls and screams, "Help! I need a doctor! There has been an emergency!"...take him very seriously and don't assume it is just another bump that will go away in a few minutes. It only took 3 hours in the Kaiser clinic, 6 x-rays, 3 more hours in the Emergency Room (where a team of doctors and nurses had to pop the bone into place), and 2 casts later to get where we are today. Sigh. But don't let that face fool you...


He is thrilled with his "Spiderman" cast and all the extra attention he has been getting

Whew! I can't wait to see what what kind of "rest" I get this week. : (

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Julie!! Poor Ethan! How long will he be in the cast? Oh, and Brooklyn, it was only a matter of time :)

Bethany said...

I laughed out loud reading Ethan's comment when he broke his arm - sounds just like something Eli would say! I think they would be great friends :) Hope he feels better soon! Just what you needed at 39 weeks pregnant, right?? LOL!

Jenn said...

Wow! That is definitely a crazy week! Yeah, I think the days of sipping a coffee and reading a book on motherhood with your feet up are loooooong gone! I'll be praying for you for the arrival of the new baby! :)

Rachel said...

Ah man, Julie. Poor Ethan! Can't wait to hear about baby #3's arrival. Keep us posted.