Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mini-Me

For a while now, I've been begging Ethan not to grow up and just stay cute and little forever. He always gets this huge smile on his face and says "MOM! I can't stop growing up!" And then he assures me that when he goes to college, he will come home on the weekends, eat my food and do his laundry. I love that kid....oh, how I wish I could make time freeze!

Well, I guess God must have heard my pleas and decided to give me Ethan's Mini-Me in the form of my sweet baby Jackson. I know that it shouldn't surprise me that siblings can look alike. However, sometimes I am completely taken aback by just how much of Ethan I see in Jackson. It almost feels like I gave birth to the same child four years later. Of course, I'm sure Jackson's face will change as he gets older and he definitely has his own little personality. Still...in my opinion, the resemblance is astounding! It is really to hard to capture with the camera the exact expressions that Jackson does that look just like Ethan, because his face changes a million times a minute. However, these are my best attempts to compare some baby pictures of Ethan and his new Mini-Me.


Ethan, looking surprised


Jackson, looking surprised


Ethan, just chilling


Jackson, just chilling


Ethan, relaxing in the tub


Jackson, relaxing in the tub


Ethan, hating his first bath


Jackson, equally hating his first bath


Ethan, the sleeping pumpkin

Jackson, the sleeping pumpkin



6 comments:

the imperfect one said...

No doubt about it you brought the right baby home from the hospital : ) Love you guys & looking forward to bringing you a meal soon!

the imperfect one said...

oops, it cut this important part off....Love, Cortney

steveandcaryn said...

I completely know how you feel! I feel that way all the time about Carter and Caleb.. it's scary sometimes to look at Caleb and think that it is Carter all over again. When I see pictures of Carter as a baby, I think it's Caleb... such a strange feeling! Jackson is precious!!

Jenni said...

Hi! I haven't checked your blog in a while and was so excited to see you have a little Jackson now too :-) We just had our fourth, a boy named Talen!

Unknown said...

Wow, it really is amazing how much they look alike!! I guess there's no doubt he is going to grow up to be a little stud (like his big bro) :) Keep the pics coming, I miss you and your sweet family!

Stephanie said...

Jackson has some nice big shoes to fill. Ethan will be a great big brother and show him all the ropes. They do look a lot alike. Glad to hear you are able to blog about it... I'm impressed!
Time flies... cherish each moment- even the tough ones! Wish I could hold all of mine in my arms again!
Miss you!