To start, two days before my birthday Mark treated me to an absolutely incredible date (Thank you to my generous friend Kristen, who bravely watched all 3 kids for free!). First, we went to eat at Trattoria Stella, one of our new favorite restaurants in the Denver Highlands neighborhood (thanks Jennessa for introducing it to us!)

Then, we went to see the Broadway production of "The Lion King". I have wanted to see it for several years now, so it was a HUGE treat. Mark went all out and got crazy-good seats and it was truly fantastic!

The day before my birthday, we had Life Group at our house and my friends surprised me with a miniature cake and gifts. I typically dislike being the center of attention, but it was very sweet and thoughtful.
Good thing they didn't try to light all 33 candles on that little cake or the house may have burned down

Brooklyn modeling my gifts, a new hat and boots
(Glad my friends have better fashion sense than me!)
On my actual birthday, my friend Jenny and I took all 5 of our kids to the Denver Botanical Gardens. We were super lucky because it just happened to be the last beautiful day of fall prior to a snow storm and freezing-cold weather. It was so lovely...that is, prior to Brooklyn throwing the biggest fit of her life. But such is life with a 2 year-old. : )
Ethan and his future wife, Kylie






3 comments:
Happy Birthday! I'm glad to hear it was so great. Now your part of the 33 club! :)
Glad you had a fun birthday!! I was celebrating with you in spirit :)
Happy birthday Julie!! Looks like you had a fabulous birthday to top off a great year!
Post a Comment