Saturday, March 22, 2014

Ethan's 6th Birthday

It is hard to imagine that I have a 6 year-old...but he's pretty much the sweetest one I know, so he's a keeper. He is a great big brother, awesome soccer player, avid reader, and knows more of the Bible than I do (mostly because of these Bible CDs he listens to at night....I dare you to challenge him on anything related to the New Testament. Seriously, his memory is crazy!) For his birthday, GG (or Grandma Gail) came out to celebrate. His actual birthday fell on the same day as our church's hoedown (which is a separate post altogether). So the day before, GG treated us to lunch at this crazy restaurant in Denver called Casa Bonita. It is such a odd place, with cliff divers, an arcade, caves, a gorilla, dancers, singers, and semi-edible Mexican food. It's kind of like Taco Bell married a Vegas casino and this is their tacky child. However, for some reason every child loves it and Ethan thought it was fabulous. The next weekend, we had his party with friends. We took them to an indoor jump place and came back to the house for lunch and cupcakes. Birthdays are exhausting around here...but we love you, Buddy, and you're worth it!



Birthday morning


At Casa Bonita



Thanks GG for a fun day!



Lunch with friends


I love that he doesn't consider girls
 as being gross quite yet and
still get invited to his parties : )

No comments: