Friday, October 10, 2008

Mr. Independent

Lately, my mom has been having a hard time as she is realizing how quickly I am growing up. It all started when I got "promoted" out of the baby room at church to the toddlers. Even though I am technically too young for this new room, the workers said I was stepping on babies and would have more fun with other walkers. Mommy couldn't believe it because she thought I was a baby. She was wrong.


Since I'm now officially a "big boy", I like to do things on my own. Mommy calls me Mr. Independent because I like to run down the street without turning back, try to sneak up the stairs when no one is looking, and I can entertain myself for quite a while with the simplest of things. Mommy says it's very bittersweet. She loves watching my personality grow and explore new things...but she also can't believe that I don't need her as much as I used to. Sometimes I have to let her snuggle with me, just to remind her that I'll always be her little baby at heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww...Ethan, tell your mommy that I know exactly how she feels!