Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch: Attempt #1

So my parents learned some valuable lessons in their first attempt to take me to a pumpkin patch.

Lesson #1: Always charge the camera batteries. Sadly, about half-way through our fun outing, the camera died. My mom was more sad about it than I was...surprise, surprise.

Lesson #2: Even though it may be October, sunscreen is still necessary. My poor cheeks got fried and I was not happy with Mom for letting it happen.

Lesson #3: If you want me to have a fun time at a pumpkin patch, don't take me during my afternoon nap time. As you will see in the pictures below, smiles were pretty hard to come by. My parents, however, had a lot of fun and thoroughly enjoyed the farm, the hay ride, and the straw maze. Maybe next time I'll enjoy it too!


This is me jamming on this giant xylophone.


Daddy and I in front of the big barn.


Daddy and I looking at The Rockies in the distance

Mommy and I in the straw maze


For a moment, I thought it was pretty fun


I liked the tunnels...but then I started crying


I wanted to pick up the biggest pumpkin I could find


Alas, a smile! Or about the closest we came that day.

Hopefully we'll have better luck next time. Fortunately for us, there are about eight pumpkin patches near our house and we plan to go a few more times before Halloween. Hopefully, we'll learn from this experience and there will be more smiles in the future!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

How cute! I think Dewy and I enjoyed the pumpkin patch more than our boys did also!