Monday, March 30, 2009

Hormones and Heartbreaking Movies

I don't know what it is about being pregnant....but the tears are a-flowin' and not really for any good reason. I'm sure the poor men of this household are completely confused.

I think the main culprit for these tears are the plethora of movies we've been renting over the past several weekends from Red Box. First, it started with "The Secret Life of Bees"...sad, but enough happy moments to get us through okay. Then "The Express", even sadder, but at least it was inspirational. This weekend we went for "Nights in Rodanthe", a little mushy, but again, sad! Then we switched to "Changeling", which not only is terribly sad, but disturbing and makes you want to cling to your son with all your might and never let him out of your sight until he's at least 20. And last, the clincher, "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas." This just put me over the edge. By far one of the most heart-wrenching movies I've seen in a really long time.

So in conclusion to this post, I will be taking a break from movies until either 1) A movie comes out that sadness and tears are not inevitable or 2) Baby Girl makes her appearance and the hormones subside. Any suggestions? And if your reading this and feel the need to cry, I would recommend "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas". Just don't watch it alone and make sure a full tissue box is nearby. Sorry, no pictures this time...but do you really need to see a big pregnant woman with puffy red eyes and a running nose?

2 comments:

Jenn - aka honey or mom said...

It's crazy what hormones can do to an otherwise sane individual.

If you want a good, no tears, fun adventure movie try Stardust. It's my new favorite.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness...I saw Nights in Rodanthe when I was pregnant and Jason was in Iraq and I cried so hard in the theater that I let out this really loud noise to which my sisters and I all started laughing - the people around us weren't amused.