Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas...and then some

Christmas time has come and gone...it was so busy, I'm still catching up. I always have tons of ideas on how to make the season more special and full of memory-making activities. Sadly, I only tend to achieve about half of what I set out to do...and this year was no exception. I guess when you have an infant, you're only getting about 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep at a time, and just completing the bare minimum of household chores is quite miraculous...I have to have grace on myself. Maybe next year? However, some of my favorite memories are the simple ones. Watching my kids sing "Go Tell It On The Mountain" in front of church, taking the older two to meet Santa for the first time, and best of all...having grandparents here for the holidays. My kids have never had Christmas in their own home with actual extended family. We were so thankful to my parents for making the trip and appreciative to my San Diego family members who graciously accepted a Christmas without them.


Ethan's preschool performance at Winter Fest

(He is in the orange, refusing to wear the Santa hat. I've decided that Ethan will not likely be a performing arts major...despite knowing all 5 songs perfectly, he spent most of the performance chewing on his zipper. When asked "Why?", he says, "My tooth hurt." Surprisingly enough, that tooth hadn't hurt before the performance or has hurt since. Ironic.)


Having important gift negotiations with the Claus'

Jackson's first Winter Fest

(And apparently his parents forgot to check the tag before dressing hm and running out the door)


Proud of her Christmas craft


Christmas morning...Brooklyn loved her shades


Ethan loved his crane and Spiderman costume

The little princess

Kids with Pa and GG

Jackson, just watching the chaos

Daddy and his little elf


My favorite Christmas present this year


Thanks Pa and GG for coming to Denver!


Mitchell Kids


Ready for church on Christmas morning

(Brooklyn insisted on wearing her shades in the sanctuary and earned the name "Rockstar Brooklyn" by our pastor)

Kids at church


Align Center
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pics! Wow do your kids look alike!! Adorable!! Miss you friend!