Thursday, September 9, 2010

Our "Special Date"

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine from church offered me a coupon for Elitch Gardens (the Denver equivalent to Six Flags Magic Mountain) for $5 admission. Being one that can't pass up a good deal, I decided to have a special day with Ethan. Since Brooklyn's birth, I think the only activities I've done with just Ethan have been trips to Walmart and the library. Boring. So we said "good-bye" to Mark and Brooklyn and had a wonderful day just the two of us. We did meet up with our friends, so Ethan had a buddy to go on all the kid rides with. The best part of this memory, however, is relived every time we pass Elitches on the freeway. Without fail, Ethan always says, "Look Mom! It's Elitches. That was our special date!" Aw....


Ethan and his buddy, Everett
(This was before they both burst into tears!)


Lots of laughter


Meagan (Everett's mom) and I were so scared to let them ride this roller coaster. I kept thinking they would just fly out, since they're both so tiny. Of course, they didn't.


What a great day!

No comments: