Monday, December 14, 2009

5

5 is the number of pounds I need to lose by Dec. 30 to meet my goal of being at my pre-preggo weight by the time Brookie is 6 months-old. 5 is also the number of candy canes I just consumed for no other reason than they were just there. It has also been approx. 5 months since I exercised regularly, 5 days since I woke up extra motivated after watching "The Biggest Loser Finale" and it has probably been about 5 seconds since I last thought about the sugar cookie dough in the freezer.

When I made this goal, I had completely forgotten that the deadline would occur smack-dab after the Christmas feeding frenzy. So now I'm putting it on my blog for the world to see...in hopes that maybe the additional accountability will keep me from gorging myself on fudge, cookies, truffles, and every other fabulous temptation that comes my way. I'll let you know on New Year's Eve if I made my goal. If not...then it will be the first resolution for the New Year!

And if your curious and wondering how I managed to lose 29 pounds without barely breaking a sweat? Well, I'll let you in on my secret if you promise not to tell Jillian Michaels...



And no, she is not for rent.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm impressed that you're already down to 5 more lbs to lose. I still have 5 lbs to lose and Sophie just turned 1 year!! I am proud to say, however, that I did make it to the gym today, but the ciabatta sandwich I just made probably will make that a pointless trip!

Jenn said...

Julie, you crack me up. Rach is right. That is really impressive. I've always noticed in your pics that you never look like you just had a baby. I think you're one of those people that pop out babies and shrink back to their normal size by the next weekend. But, no, I won't tell Jillian. :)