From making cookies, to shopping for Esmeralda (our little 6 year-old Christmas Child in Nogales, Mexico), to decorating "Squirrel" (that is what Ethan decided to name our fake tree), to hosting a fun Christmas party with friends, to going to WinterFest 09, to having holiday-style girl time with my best friend, Nicole, to attending holiday parties, classroom celebrations, church performances, and cookie exchanges...it has been a great month. We've also tried to celebrate Advent as a family and had many nice nights reflecting on the birth of our Savior. Ethan has especially gotten into Advent...even crying hysterically on a few nights we tried to send him to bed without having our devotion (which resulted in an impromptu Advent celebration...mostly just allowing Ethan to blow out the candle, which is clearly his favorite part!) Of course, I never take pictures of everything like a good blogger would. And, I dropped our camera a few weeks ago and the pictures just haven't been the same. Still, these memories are beautifully engraved in my mind and they are moments I will treasure.
Here are a few pictures from when I actually remembered to get out the camera...

Brooklyn, all nice and cozy
(Too bad they don't make these for adults!)
(Too bad they don't make these for adults!)









1 comment:
Merry Christmas Julie! Btw, I loved your Christmas card! It was beautiful! Can't wait to see you guys next week!!
Post a Comment