Thursday, May 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

Easter Sunday was CRAZY for us this year. The day before we had our first Annual Thrive Church North Easter Egg Hunt. Oh, how I wish we had taken pictures! We had the Easter Bunny arrive via helicopter, over 600 kids, jump houses, a carnival ride, and 30,000 eggs. Everything was free and it was so fun to be a part of blessing our community, which is 93% un-churched. Actual Easter Sunday was also a huge day for Thrive Kids, the ministry Mark and I are currently directing. We had lots of new kids and Mark and I were teaching, doing the drama, and trying to maintain control. We made some mistakes and definitely learned a lot for next year. It was still a great day, though. After church, some friends of ours from church invited a bunch of us family-less people over for lunch and Easter fun. It was so wonderful to not have to cook, clean my house, or plan activities. All we had to do was show up. Beautiful.


 

Jackson's first Easter...and loving his egg!








"Hmm...what is this lovely ear I see? 
I must pull it and see what it does!"- Ezra


"Get your stinkin' fingers off my ears!"- Jackson


 Intense concentration required while dying eggs


Practicing the "Backwards Scoot"


How did I miss taking of picture of 
Brooks in her Easter dress? Whoops!


 Egg dye + white shirt = Disaster


My honey enjoying the peace and quiet after an insane weekend (For the record, I was there too...just no pictures to document it!)

No comments: