Saturday, May 26, 2012

Jackson at 7 Months

 I'll be honest, month 7 was a little rough for our little Jackers. First, he contracted Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease by a loving, but contagious toddler at church. Five days later, we were back in Urgent Care when a certain blond 2 year-old (who will remain nameless...ahem) climbed onto the side of the shopping cart at the Farmers Market and subsequently flipped it. Fortunately, Jackson was securely fastened in his car seat, however it did pop off the cart upon contact with the floor and flipped upside-down (with Jackers hanging helplessly from his shoulder straps). Yes, it was every mother's worst nightmare. His head did make contact with the floor, but the nice pediatrician said he was no worse for the wear. This incident was followed by a week-long cold, complete with waking up several times each night completely miserable. And his mother may have accidentally given him a few bloody noses while attempting to bulb suction out his snot. As I said earlier, it really wasn't his best month.

On a fun note, he continues to chunk up nicely as he eats anything put near his mouth and he now sits up on his own with no support. His "backwards scoot" is turning into a "forward scoot", which means the baby gates will be going up soon. I'm hoping for at least one more month?


Here is Jackson, on his few, but precious, good days. 


Such concentration...complete with drool

 

Thank you, Jesus, for car seat straps!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh JUlie! How scary that must have been!! Haylie fell out of the shopping cart two different times and scared me to death but she was older. I am so glad he is okay. He is such a cutie. I wish I could give him a big kiss and a hug :)