Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Due Date!

Today was the Big Day...though sadly it has been quite uneventful. I wasn't too surprised, since yesterday we had my final OB visit and found out that I was only dilated to 2 cm and 50% effaced. My doctor scheduled an induction for next Tuesday, June 30th. I am hoping and praying that I will be able to go into labor naturally prior to that date (I really don't want to be put on Pitocin with a minimal chance of an effective epidural!)

To help things along, I decided to try some alternative medicine and today I went to my first acupuncture visit. I've never done anything like this before and I'll be honest, I'm highly skeptical. However after researching other natural induction methods, this seemed to be a good choice and since its harmless to the baby, I figured I'd give it a try. It sure beats Castor oil!


Yes, that is a needle sticking out of my forehead.
Mark could barely contain his laughter!


More needles!

Well, it is too early to know if the acupuncture and acupressure will be effective, but we'll keep you posted. At least it didn't hurt and I've had no bad side effects! Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Jessica Probert said...

Woah! A needle coming out of your face!? You're quite brave... Thinking of you guys daily! Love you guys!