Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Post Due Date-Day 1

I was really curious to look at the pregnancy ticker this morning, to see what it says when you go over the due date. Apparently, time moves backwards! Who knew? But actually, life does feel like it is sort of standing still...definitely not moving forwards. So maybe that ticker actually knows what it's talking about.

Here are today's stats:

# of minutes spent shoveling rock (in hopes of inducing labor)- 60

# of contractions caused by shoveling rock-0

# of times acupressure was applied-3

# of contractions felt after acupressure was applied-0

# of fudgsicles and creamsicles consumed out of boredom- At least 4

# of minutes spent thinking about mopping the floor-A million

# of minutes spent actually mopping the floor-0

# of phone calls inquiring about whether I was in labor-3

# of minutes spent crying that I'm not in labor- 15

So there it is, life in numbers. Now I'm off to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" in order to try to forget about wanting to have our baby.
Hopefully there will be better news tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, poor Julie! I actually thought about calling you today but wasn't sure if I should since you are so close to your due date. I will try to call you tomorrow though :) Gotta stay on top of our monthly phone call, baby or no baby! hehe

Bethany said...

Praying for you every day!! I think of you guys often, and just keep praying for that beautiful little girl to decide to make her way into this world :) Though I don't blame her for wanting to hide out awhile longer!

Rachel said...

Hang in there!