Thursday, June 18, 2009

So What Do You Do?

So what do you do when your 39 weeks pregnant and every day could be The Day? Well, it may not be admirable, but here's what we've been up to:

1) Get air conditioning to work so no one dies from heat stroke- CHECK

2) Get Father's Day cards in the mail- CHECK

3) Refinance the house- CHECK

4) Pack and re-pack for the hospital a million times because I keep needing things out of the suitcase- CHECK

5) Try to keep the house clean, food stocked, and child bathed in case life gets put on hold and visitors come- SORT OF CHECK

6) Try to give our oldest child (who is about to be dethroned) as much special cuddle time as possible so that he won't be calling a therapist immediately after the new baby arrives- CHECK

7) Take naps and basically sleep whenever possible...knowing the end is near- CHECK

8) Eat as much ice cream and 7/11 slurpees as possible because really, at this point, what's a few more pounds to lose- CHECK

9) Read other blogs, write e-mails, watch "So You Think You Can Dance", rent movies I never actually cared if I saw...anything to just sort pass the time- CHECK

10) Update this blog so that people don't think we're at the hospital giving birth-CHECK

So there it is. Life in waiting. We'll keep you posted as the "pregnancy ticker" continues to wane away.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

You are too funny. I think you forgot file taxes for next year, rewash all of baby's clothes in case any dust has settled on them in the drawers, plan first birthday party... :)

Rachel said...

Ahhh....the waiting....torturous! I pray everything goes well and especially that the epidural WORKS!

Jessica Probert said...

Hahaha! You're great! I particularly like that you get to eat plenty of ice cream... nice plan! Hope you're having a great weekend!