Friday, July 9, 2010

Independence Day at Lake Mac

For the Fourth of July Weekend, we went camping with our new Life Group at Lake McCanaughy in Ogallala, Nebraska. It is about 3 hours east of Denver and is a very popular destination for Coloradans (since it's the biggest lake around). Our friends' parents brought their boat and everyone had a blast trying water sports, swimming, and just hanging out. Our family also tried sleeping in our 2 person tent for the first time. The kids did awesome and even slept soundly through a crazy thunder and lightening storm. (We found out later that 2 tornadoes touched down in Ogallala...just a few miles from where we were camping!) We have been so blessed with an amazing Life Group...they have truly made the transition to our new church so easy.


The Lake

(This year the water level was crazy-high. The tops of those trees represent where our friends campsite used to be!)


The Boys with the OG daughters


Brooklyn enjoying time with Miss Linda

(Ethan called her "Grandma" the whole time we were there...too cute!)


Our first day
(Note how clean we looked)


Ethan and new good buddy Everett


Meagan and I
(We have so much in common, we could be sisters!)


The Gals: Jill, Candice and I


Brookie, looking like such a big girl!


Bye Daddy!


Brooklyn enjoyed freedom in her crazy floatie


Despite the fact that there was a beautiful lake and even a kiddie pool, Brooklyn's favorite spot was the bucket used for rinsing off sandy feet.


I love how these two play so well together!


Meagan and Elaina, looking especially patriotic


Brookie loved the boat...for a about five minutes!


She actually cried so hard that she fell asleep!


Ethan was braver than Mommy and tried tubing with Daddy! He kept saying "I DON'T LIKE IT!!!" while on the tube...then said, "That was fun, Dad!" once they got back to the boat.


Brr...the lake was a little chilly


Day two...hair is starting to look worse!


The boys loved being pushed around by Mark


John and Sianna having father/daughter time


Enjoying our last moments before heading home


Last family photo op
(Note I reached my no-shower-in-48 hours limit!)


Our fantastic Life Group!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun time! I don't suppose you will use that last family pic for your christmas card this year? lol I think it looks great :)