Saturday, July 24, 2010

Our Newest Addition

There have been some secrets being kept around here...we've been expecting! A puppy, that is. Some of you may be wondering what the heck we are thinking, esp. those of you who know me well and know that I'm not exactly a "dog person". Well, in a moment of weakness on Father's Day, I told Mark that he could choose between a boxer puppy or a BBQ (assuming, of course, he would want a new BBQ to go with our new patio). Much to my surprise, he replied "Boxer!" with no hesitation whatsoever. I was like, "Really? I mean, a BBQ would be so nice." But there was no going back once the word "boxer" was mentioned. So we have been checking kennels, Craig's List, and the newspaper regularly to find this very special puppy (Mark had a very specific look in mind for his dog). So after almost two months, we finally found "The One" and went to meet her last night. In my mind I was sort of hoping she wouldn't be cute so we could keep looking and buy me some time. But in one second, she melted all of our hearts (yes, even I instantly fell in love). So meet the newest addition to the Mitchell family...Gracie May!


How could I not love this face?


Such a sweetheart (so far, anyways!)


Daddy with his "girl"


Happy in Daddy's arms


Brooklyn is still getting used to her new "friend"


Sleepy after a long, first night


3 comments:

Jenn said...

She's adorable! We have a boxer (he's 4 now) and we LOVE him! He's such a great dog...especially around kids. Have fun!!

Rachel said...

What a cutie! I figured Jenn would leave a comment about their sweet boxer Marty, and I must agree, he is a really good dog. We just spent time with him last weekend and he's so good with the kids and very mellow. Have fun!

Unknown said...

That is Andy's favorite type of dog! He's been begging for one for years and I'm sure I'll give in eventually. You will have to let me know how it goes! And Gracie May is a cutie!!!