Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer "Vacation" Part 3: Temecula

Since Temecula isn't typically a Southern California vacation "hot spot", you may be wondering why we would spend a week there. One word: family. My sister, her hubbie, and three sweet children live there and we had a great time celebrating some life milestones with them, including two championship Little League games, Dawson's 3rd birthday party, and Dakota's graduation from elementary school. We also got to see my friend Jamie, her husband Andy, and daughter Hailey.


Ethan covered in cake at Dawson's party (How I didn't get a picture of the birthday boy, I'll never know!)


Mark was the only male in attendance at this party and passed the time playing with Brookie in the play house. What a man! (And as you can tell, he was having a blast!)


Dawson, Dakota and Bailey posing on Graduation Day. How can Dakota be in middle school already? I swear he was just born!


Bailey and Ethan enjoying the celebratory afternoon at Pat and Oscar's


My sister, attempting to smile and keep her son from jumping in the pond. No small feat!


Ethan has a new found love of mechanical horses


Ethan and Hailey at the park


Hamming it up for the camera


Too cute!


"She's tickling me!"

"
"I like it!"


The fam with sweet Hailey

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, you got the pics :) I love 'em! And what do you mean Temecula isn't a So Cal hotspot! LOL Have you seen our OLD Town? It's so rockin! :)

Bethany said...

Great pics of your trip! And I just have to say that Dakota WAS just born... I remember it vividly from our Cowden days... so I've decided he is not allowed to be in middle school because that makes me feel really old. That also means my kids will grow up that quickly and I'm not sure I can handle that :)