Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Big Picture-less Update

So a lot has happened in the past few weeks, none of which I took pictures of. Mainly, this is because I dropped the camera in the school parking lot and things just haven't been the same since. The other problem is that I always have to choose between videos or pictures on my little digital camera...and videos always win. However, here are the Mitchell updates, sans pictures.

First, Mark got a new job!!! Okay, a sort of new job because he is still a third grade teacher. However, after 5 years at Rocky Mountain Elementary School, he got a new teaching position at a different school (although in the same district). He is so excited...I don't think I've seen him smile this much in 4 years. His previous school was a Title 1 school that despite all of the major changes, VERY hard work on behalf of all of the teachers, and numerous attempts to make learning happen, it continues to fail year after year. It has been a huge stress and burden that Mark has had to bear. His new school, however, actually is rated fairly highly and his new colleagues are telling him that he will feel like he is on sabbatical next year. Let's hope so! (For the record, I wanted to take pictures of Mark in front of his school, his old classroom, him with his friends. The look he gave me indicated there was no way that would be happening. Boo.)

Second, this means that Ethan may have a new school! As much as we have LOVED the school Ethan attended this year, we want to try to get him to the same school Mark is going to teach at. We'll find out in August, but I'm hoping and praying this well happen.

Third, the baby has made it to 13 weeks and I'm slowly starting to get over the first trimester yuck. I haven't taken a Zofran since Sunday (this is my saving grace!) and I'm managing. I am hoping that this baby continues to get nice and cozy in there...the other kids are really starting to get excited.

Fourth, we're finally all on summer break! Ethan had the most adorable graduation/performance and he is officially a first-grader. That was one of my picture versus video dilemmas and the video won. I should be getting some pictures soon from a friend, but I have to be patient. 

Well, that is all for now. Until next time!

No comments: