Friday, May 24, 2013

Easter Egg Hunt 2013

This year our annual Thrive Church Egg Hunt fell right at the end of Spring Break. Which meant, Mark and I pretty much spent our entire "break" prepping for the Hunt and for Easter Sunday. We did get to dye eggs and do some fun things with the kids. However, most of the time everything revolved around Easter (which is kind of like our church's Superbowl, if you will). 

In case you don't know, our church sort of takes Egg Hunts to a whole new level. It is borderline crazy, but the point is to reach people who would never go to church. So, we go all out..and I mean, ALL OUT. This year our church had 2 major hunts in two locations on the same day, just 3 hours apart from each other. This meant we left the house at 7:30 a.m. and got home at 7:30 p.m. It was insane, but I do love it. Also, this year Mark got to be the Easter Bunny, which meant he got to fly in on a helicopter. I was so jealous! I worked the 3-4 year-old hunt and saw my kids from a distance. 

It was a crazy day, topped off by me leaving Jackson in the middle of a huge crowd when I momentarily lost my mind. Thankfully, he was not abducted and was really only "lost" for about 5 minutes. (I promise he is a loved member of the family!) By the time the Hunt came and went, we were absolutely exhausted. I didn't even take a picture on Easter Sunday...apparently holding a camera required more energy than I had. 


Mark and I's attempt at not completely ignoring
our children and doing something fun with them


Love our Kylie-girl


Brookie, happy with her Daddy


Love our friends!


Jackson, before our crazy mishap


Happy Easter!

No comments: