Friday, May 24, 2013

Valentine's Day

As soon as we got home from Disneyland, Valentine's Day arrived. For some reason, I just love this holiday. However, I was tired and moody from the trip, so I really had to muster up some energy to make it special for the kids. It ended up not being as over-the-top as other years, but the kids didn't seem to notice. I'm glad that they are pretty easily impressed!



Annual heart-shaped pancake breakfast



Less decor and candy, but it was better than nothing


Ethan had a party in his kindergarten class


Such adorable kids!


Then Jackson threw a fit...and that was our
cue to leave. Yes, we made it 15 minutes.


Then we had to book it to Brooklyn's preschool party.
She had a world-class fit in the parking lot, but we made it.



Jackson discovered a new-found love for tootsie pops


Later I took my sweet boy on a special date to a 50's diner


Brooklyn got a Happy Meal on her date, so she was thrilled!

Maybe next year I'll throw another party or get creative...or maybe those days are long gone. With another munchkin in the mix, I can't imagine I'll have much time and energy for those things!

No comments: