Friday, May 24, 2013

On to Disneyland...

So I thought I'd be making better progress on updating this blog, but I'm still so tired all of the time. It is just about all I can do to get everyone up and ready for school that by nap time, I have to sleep too. However, I refuse to give up (what can I say, I have stubborn streak!) and today was the last day of school. Now I really have no excuses!

In February, we decided we needed to get out of dodge and have a bit of an emotional break after our terrible start to 2013. Not only did we have the miscarriage, but we had a bit of a refinance nightmare with our house. We needed a break and our trip to San Diego did the trick.


When we arrived, we were greeted by Pa, GG and Great. Jackson took an instant liking towards his Great-Grandma, A.K.A. "Great".


I am thankful that at 93, Great still
looks and feels 30 years younger


The kids couldn't wait to get to Disney,
which was a huge highlight of the trip


Me and my princess


Taking a rest after a lot of walking!




Love these two!




Ethan, before riding Matterhorn
(There were tears when he got off!)



Ethan's favorite ride, Star Tours!


Picture time with Winnie


The weary tourists after a long day



 They both were out before we even left
Downtown Disney. They were exhausted!


(P.S. If you're wondering where Jackson was...
well, he wasn't invited. He spent the day with 
Auntie April and we were all happier for it!)


Even the next night with the cousins,
they were still completely wiped out!


Before we left, we made it down
 to Children's Pool in La Jolla


The kids loved exploring with Daddy



Jackson is a fan of the beach, too!


A friend treated us to some family pictures


On our last day, we headed over to Seaport Village 
before heading to the airport for our long trip home


Thanks for a great trip, GG and Pa!

No comments: