Thursday, April 3, 2014

Best Baby Shower EVER

I have had many baby showers in my day. In fact, I think I counted 8 all together. I have truly appreciated each of them: the great gifts, delicious food, and yes, even the games have been fantastic. 

However, when I found out I was expecting #4, my friends asked if I wanted a shower and I was a bit on the fence. Now I'll admit that getting free stuff (esp. the consumables like diapers, wipes, etc.) is amazing, but I really do hate being the center of attention and I didn't want to get too many new items when I'm trying to purge my baby supply. So I told them "no" and left it at that. 

A few weeks later I was complaining to my friend that I was just so exhausted from my mommy duties and I really wanted to just get away! I hadn't left the Denver since getting pregnant and knew that once the baby came, there would be no trips in sight. So my dear friends decided to plan an awesome surprise get-away; free from kids, work and responsibilities. We went out to a fancy dinner downtown and then headed to a resort in Colorado Springs. It was BEAUTIFUL! We stayed up talking like junior highers, had a crazy-huge breakfast, and then went sightseeing, shopping and to a movie. It was so great and just what I needed at 37 weeks. My friends decided that we will be doing "showers" like this from now on! (Mark and I are done, though, so someone else will have to get pregnant!)


View from our room


The lovely mountain view from the Springs


Dear friends: Meagan, Drea and Candice


Garden of the Gods
(I look like I could just pop any minute!)

No comments: