Monday, April 14, 2014

Christmas Photo Drama

I don't know why I do it, but every year I force my kids to try to take the "perfect" picture for our Christmas card and every year I end up nearly swearing out of frustration before finally giving up in disgust. Mark just shakes his head and leaves me to this task, mainly because my Type A personality drives him crazy in moments like this. It always starts out fine, with loads of bribery. "If you just smile and look at the camera, you can have a cookie." A few minutes later, I up the stakes. "Okay, just pretend like you guys all love each other and I'll give you a cookie, hot cocoa and we'll all watch a movie". After several more minutes of "Look at ME!", "Open your eyes!", "Quit looking at your brother!"...it becomes clear that this magical moment is just not going to happen. Exhausted and frustrated, I give up and practically throw the cookies at them before leaving the room to go decompress somewhere. Maybe next Christmas everyone will just cooperate? It would truly take a miracle.


"Ethan, could you just smile? Jackson, you look crazy!"


"Jackson...OPEN YOUR EYES!"


"Why doesn't anyone look happy? EYES, Jackson, PLEASE!"


Baby's screaming but it will have to do


Now if I can just get the baby to look at me...


Oh brother...


Please, Gavin, work with me!


Good enough. It's a wrap.

No comments: